The40kg

Useful strategy that helps smart eating

Useful strategy that helps smart eating

The 80/20 diet has also played a significant role in helping me lose weight.  This is not technically a full-scale weight-loss diet plan; it is a diet that allows me to control what I am eating daily.  I had to adopt this diet since I find it challenging to follow strict food guidelines that involve counting calories or carbs and balancing complicated macronutrients.

Following the 80/20 rule involves eating a “clean” diet 80% of the time and enjoying a portion of my favorite indulgences 20% of the time. To do this, I ensure that 80% of my daily food intake and the calories consumed is from healthy, utterly natural food rich in nutrients. The remaining 20% ؜ comprises of the foods we like, including processed fast foods. This has helped me change my behavior and build a healthy, comfortable, and appropriate diet lifestyle. Since the plan allows me to enjoy indulgences regularly, it does not give me the feeling of “cheating” on my diet. This offers a balanced approach to leading a healthy diet and lifestyle.

What to Eat

For one to lose weight, he/she needs to consume 2,000 calories or less per day. Relating this to the 80/20 diet means that a person should eat at least 1600 calories from healthy foods rich in nutrients. These healthy meals should have more proteins, carbohydrates, fibers, vitamins, and healthy fats. The other 400 calories should come from processed fast food or any other type of food that he/she prefers for continuity and diversification without deprivation.

Most meals should be filled with snacks with healthy snacks and nutrient-dense foods from the healthy food compliant list. On the other side, the 20 percent indulgence can have a snack bag of chips in the afternoon, a few squares of chocolate for dessert, or a glass of wine with dinner. Remember: Even though the diet allows you to indulge, eating half a pan of brownies as a “snack” is too much, and you will not lose weight.

 

If you are also looking for a way to conserve healthy eating habits, consider the 80/20 diet. Most people who are working out to lose weight are using this as their diet of choice because it has room for balance and indulgence. After losing weight, you can also maintain the 80/20 plan for maintenance because it is simple to follow stick to it for the long term.

Add comment

Follow @the40kg

Email Newsletter

Subscribe to receive the latest posts updates, with effective tips & strategies to lose body fat.




Follow the journey on Instagram